The new National Education Policy 2020 has been released by the Ministry of Education (MoE) and it focuses on digital and online learning to make sure that every child in India has access to education. The NEP Policy 2020 wants to change the Indian education system completely and make India a “Global Knowledge Superpower” by 2030. By taking advantage of modern technology in education, the NEP Policy 2020 plans to reach its goals.
Describing the NEP policy our Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi said, “National Education Policy will set the foundation for 21st century India. We’re moving to an era where an individual will not be stuck to a single profession all his life. Thus, he will continuously need to re-skill and up-skill himself. We have kept this in contention while formulating the National Education Policy.”
And that explains why NEP is the need of the hour. It’s an attempt to provide youth the foundation to use internet and the vast knowledge available on digital front to their advantage. It’s a truly holistic approach to education which makes our education system and our youth more resilient. While in our current education system, we have focussed on ‘What To Think?’, in NEP the focus in on ‘How To Think?’
The New National Education Policy 2020 is the first education policy of the 21st century. It replaces the previous national policy on education that was released in 1986 and revised in 1992 and 1998. The NEP Policy 2020 is based on five pillars: Access, Equity, Quality, Affordability, and Accountability. These pillars are designed to meet the needs of 21st-century students.
The New National Education Policy 2020 encourages all schools and colleges to go digital and make their curriculum flexible, holistic, and multi-disciplinary. In order to keep up with the emerging digital technologies and realising the importance of leveraging technology for teaching and learning at all levels of education, NEP Policy 2020 recommends the following key initiatives:
- Access– Providing digital resources and tools to all students, regardless of location or socio-economic status.
- Equity– Offering every student an equal opportunity to receive a quality education.
- Quality– Setting high standards for educators and educational institutions.
- Affordability– Making education affordable for all.
- Accountability– Holding educators and educational institutions accountable for results.
Some important highlights of the NEP are as follows:
- The current 10+2 system will be replaced by a new 5+3+3+4 curricular structure corresponding to ages 3-8, 8-11, 11-14, and 14-18 years respectively. This will bring the hitherto uncovered age group of 3-6 years under the school curriculum, which has been recognized globally as the crucial stage for development of mental faculties of a child. The new system will have 12 years of schooling with three years of Anganwadi/preschooling.
- No rigid separation between academic streams, extracurricular, vocational streams in schools ; Vocational Education to start from Class 6 with Internships
- National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) in consultation with NCERT will formulate a new and comprehensive National Curriculum Framework for Teacher Education (NCFTE) 2021. The minimum degree of qualification for teaching will be 4-year integrated B.Ed. degree by 2030.
- NEP 2020 will also emphasise in setting up of the Gender Inclusion Fund, Special Education Zones for disadvantaged regions, and groups.
How Does You School Take On This Challenge and Work in Accordance To NEP?
Well, the focus has to be on building a Digital Infrastructure for you to bring offline experience of learning online. NEP also promoted blended modes of learning – in person Vs the online experience; a school should be prepared for it. A digital repository of content, assignments and any other academic material required as well as virtual labs.
With Podar Smarter Schools franchise you can deliver the best learning experience to the students without compromising on the high-quality framework and support. Podar Smarter Schools team hand holds your school from launch to success.
With over 94 years of experience in education and a backing of 139 schools all over the country – you have assistance at your doorstep for your school from renowned industry experts whenever you need it! Podar Smarter Schools franchise gets your school truly future ready!
Invest in Education, Invest in India’s Future With Podar